The individualized master of arts program is intended to provide a structure for master’s-level study in areas where the university has significant strengths, but does not offer a formal program. It also makes it possible for students like you to pursue interdisciplinary graduate degrees. To gain expertise and an appropriate selection of courses, the individualized master of arts draws upon resources outside of the university. It offers maximum flexibility, combining taught courses, independent study or research, seminars and other approved experiences. The overall content of the program is negotiated with a faculty advisor.
- Design an individualized program around a specific area of interest
- Learn in the context of small class sizes
- Work with published scholars in your area of interest
Because this degree offers such a wide range of options, career opportunities are virtually endless. The IMAP can be used to pursue scholarly interests as well as to strengthen specialized skills required by certain jobs.
Bret Kincaid, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director and faculty advisor
- Statement of intent
- One current professional reference form
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Writing Sample