University Scholarship Fund
The University Scholarship Fund provides essential monetary support for the resources that maintain and improve the excellent academic, ethical and spiritual education for which FPU is known. Since tuition covers only a portion of the cost of education, the university relies on the generous donations of caring individuals such as alumni, parents and friends.
The University Scholarship Fund supports areas of greatest need including financial aid and scholarships, teaching and research equipment, faculty development, student life programs and enhancements to the campus.
Every fall, FPU alumni are asked over the phone to support the University Scholarship Fund. Payment of those pledges can also be made online.
The President's Circle is a select group of donors who provide vital financial support for Fresno Pacific University. There are three ways for donors to qualify for the Presidents Circle:
- (1) Minimum of one thousand dollars of donations in the current calendar year qualifies for the current year only;
- (2) Lifetime minimum of at least twenty-five thousand dollars qualifies for permanent inclusion in the President’s Circle as either Lifetime Members, Round Table Members or Cornerstone Members;
- (3) Members of the Heritage Society qualify for permanent inclusion.
All tax-deductible donations, regardless of how they might be allocated by the donor, shall count toward membership in the President’s Circle.
Depending on a donor’s interest, donors may designate their annual gift to an affinity group established by the university including the Sunbird Club, the Seminary Society or similar groups. Such donations will be aggregated with other gifts and count toward the minimum of one thousand dollars of tax-deductible donations in a calendar year for President’s Circle inclusion.
Giving Recognition Levels
- Annual Members: have given over $1000 in the current calendar year.
- Lifetime Members: have given over $25,000 (lifetime).
- Round Table Members: have given over $50,000 (lifetime).
- Cornerstone Members: have given over $100,000 (lifetime).
- Heritage Society: The Heritage Society includes the generous friends who have named Fresno Pacific University or Fresno Pacific University Foundation in a planned gift, a will or a lifetime donation including insurance, living trusts, IRA donation and annuity or trust.
- Name recognition in the Annual Report of donors
- Invitation to the annual President's Circle dinner
- Invitation to special events hosted by the President
- Charitable tax-deduction
- Pacific Magazine and Pacific Standard Time events calendar
- Heritage Society Members: timely updated information on tax and estate planning matters
Other Creative Ways to Support FPU
- Be a university ambassador in your sphere of influence
- Attend and support university events of interest
- As you are led, pray for the university and students
- Encourage students to attend FPU
- Encourage others to support FPU
How Do I Give?
You can make an online gift to the University Scholarship Fund right now! If you prefer to give by credit card, FPU accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover online or over the phone at 559-453-2110. You may also send a check or money order payable to: Fresno Pacific University at 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Box #2007, Fresno, CA 93702-4709.
Multiply Your Gift
Gifts made to the University Scholarship Fund can easily be multiplied by taking advantage of corporate matching gift programs. Contact you (or your spouse's) company's human resources or employee benefits office to discover if they will match your gift, even if you (or your spouse) are retired.
FPU is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Gifts to the university are deductible for federal income, gift and estate tax purposes under the applicable sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Goods and services received for donations, however, are not tax deductible.
For more information contact the University Advancement Office at 559-453-7120.