Explore Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
With this preliminary administrative services credential, the focus is on the needs of the school-site administrator, emphasizing the establishment of a close relationship with teachers, school districts and the community. You will gain hands-on experience with supervised fieldwork.
To enter the administrative services internship program, you must register for a 1-unit course each semester on top of the Administrative Services Preliminary Credential course-load.
- Experienced and supportive university faculty
- Exposure to relevant, on-site challenges facing current administrators
- Coursework designed to prepare students for Cal APA
- Live interactive classes via Zoom
John Mendiburu, Ed.D.
The program competencies of the preliminary credential are clustered into a series of five courses and five fieldwork experiences. The coursework scope and sequence are developed to provide an acceptable balance between theory and practice. The fieldwork interfaces with and relates directly to the cluster of concepts appropriate to a particular course.
The fieldwork projects will deal with actual, on-site problems of the administrator at a specific school.
One fieldwork must be performed at a school where at least 20 percent of the pupils are of an ethnic/racial group other than that of the candidate, and one must be performed at a school level other than that of the candidate's current level of assignment. The first tier of this credential leads to a certificate of eligibility (24 units) or a preliminary administrative services credential (if the candidate is offered a position requiring an administrative services credential).
Required Courses (24 Units)
- ADM 740 - Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity Credits 2
- ADM 741 - Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System Credits 4
- ADM 741A - Fieldwork: Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System Credits 2
- ADM 742 - Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning Credits 4
- ADM 742A - Fieldwork: Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning Credits 2
- ADM 743 - Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community Credits 2
- ADM 744 - Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools Credits 4
- ADM 744A - Fieldwork: Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools Credits 2
- ADM 745 - Digital Leadership in Schools Credits 2
Meets necessary California requirements for an entry-level administrative position in grades K-12.
With an FPU Education
The decision to embark on graduate studies is a big one. Our 45+ graduate programs will equip you to succeed in your career and in your life. You’ll become part of a small community of learners, thrive in a flexible learning environment and be challenged by a rigorous curriculum. Learn how much further you can go at FPU!
First Steps to Admission
- Apply online
- Submit one reference form.
These can be filled out by academic or professional acquaintances familiar with your ability to complete graduate-level work. Print the reference form.
- Include statement of intent.
You can also provide an addendum explaining your interest in the program, any long-term goals and your experience in the field.
- Request official transcripts.
Transcripts must be from accredited institutions to verify your bachelor’s degree. Mail your sealed transcripts to the Registrar’s office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete program requirements.
These requirements are specific to your program of choice. You will be contacted for an interview and additional requirements if applicable.
- Apply for financial aid.
You can apply for FAFSA. Use FPU school code: 001253
- Schedule an appointment.
Meet with your Student Financial Services Advisor. You can contact them at 559-453-2041 | email@example.com.
- Administrative Services Preconditions
- Orientation interview with program director
- Approved basic credential
- Official Verification of meeting the basic skills requirement
- Verification of current negative TB test (within 12 months)
- Summary of certificated work experience
- Educator Experience Summary Form
- Orientation Interview with Program Director
Cost & Financial Aid
The below listed prices reflect the current and upcoming Fall and Spring semesters and do not include any financial aid. Paying for college can be an overwhelming step in your education journey. We can help you find all the opportunities to reduce your out of pocket costs.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $730 Teacher Education $730 MBA $785 MSN and LEAD $750 KIN $590 Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $705 Teacher Education $705 MBA $757* MSN and LEAD $720 KIN $570 Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
* This is an estimate. Costs subject to change. Please refer to the Catalog for additional fees. Cost of attendance figures are used for budgeting purposes only and represent an estimate of projected tuition and fees for the coming academic year. Actual tuition rates are approved by the Board of Trustees and may vary.
Types of aid
Financial aid can refer to scholarships, grants and loans, which are available to you from the government, the university or outside sources. Aid types vary depending on the type of student you are.
This credential is designed specifically for educators entering into school administration. It meets all requirements for an entry-level administrative position in grades K-12 in the state of California.
Career Development Happens Here
The staff in our Career Development and Experiential Learning Center are here to help you prepare to enter the working world. Whether your a freshman or an FPU alum, there are a number of resources and trainings offered to help you find the internship and job you’re looking for.
- Resume writing classes
- Career assessments, exploration & planning
- Job search and networking opportunities
- and much more