The Master of Arts in Strategic and Organizational Leadership is an action-oriented program designed to empower you to become a change agent in your organization and community. Coursework will build on your foundational knowledge and help you develop effective leadership and organizational skills so you can transform lives. FPU’s combination of cutting-edge academic subjects and relevant practical applications address challenges for leaders who want to make a difference. In addition, integrating ethical leadership practices and creative approaches to change adds value for organizations and communities.
- Designed to fit your busy schedule
- Classes offered one evening per week, one class at a time
- Face-to-face class meetings with blended online components
- Master's research project is supervised in class by faculty
- Taught by faculty with extensive academic & real world experience
- Gain new perspective on leadership and collaborative learning
- Gain competencies needed to lead change and address new challenges
This degree prepares professionals for positions in senior management, non-profit administration, business planning and a wide array of leadership roles, such as memberships on boards of directors and positions in community leadership. This degree is not only beneficial to graduates; organizations also benefit as these individuals integrate and implement ethical leadership practices and an objective approach to managing change.
Suzana Dobrić Veiss
Ranjan George, Ph.D.
Breck Harris, Ed.D.
Note: As a result of COVID-19, GMAT/GRE testing requirements and application fees have been temporarily waived for School of Business graduate applicants. Please contact your program representative for more information.
- Application form and fee
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- One current professional reference form
- Statement of intent
- Program Interview Verification form
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- If GPA is under 3.0, submit a letter of petition and a designed test/writing sample to indicate critical and analytical writing skills (GRE, GMAT, MAT results or other exam)
Required Courses (36 Units)
|LEAD 705||Foundations of Strategic Leadership||3|
|LEAD 707||Organizational Behavior for Leaders||3|
|LEAD 732||Change and Transformation Strategies||3|
|LEAD 734||Strategic Problem Solving||3|
|LEAD 720||Leadership Communication||3|
|LEAD 721||Conflict, Collaboration and Negotiation||3|
|LEAD 730||Finance for Leaders||3|
|LEAD 722||Leadership and Followership Development||3|
|LEAD 752||Developing Proposals for Change||3|
|LEAD 723||Ethics and Sustainable Leadership Strategies||3|
|LEAD 762||Leadership Strategy, Innovation, and Creativity||3|
|LEAD 766||Leadership Capstone Project||3|
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.