- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Education, Queen's University, Belfast
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Pepperdine University, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Humanities, Pepperdine University, Los Angeles, California
Publications & Presentations
- Wall Borttz, W., Gautam, A., Tatar, D., Lipscomb, K. (Under Review). Missing in Measurement: Why Identifying
- Learning in Integrated Domains is so Hard. Journal of Science Education and Technology.
- Wall, W. (2006). Going Greek: Employing Socratic methods in the mathematics classroom. CMC ComMuniCator, 31 (2), 30.
- Wall Bortz, W., Tatar, D., Gautam, A., Rivale, S., Lipscomb, K. (In Press). In M. Reardonand J. Leonard (Eds.),
- Weighing priorities: Considering optimal pedagogical balance for the integration of computational thinking in core content areas. Integrating Digital Technology in Education: School-University-Community Collaboration. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Refereed Conference Papers and Proceedings
- Coney, D., Galeshi, R., Wall Bortz, W. (2019, April). Mathematics Teachers Examine Implicit Gender Biases in their
- Teaching of Mathematics. Accepted Paper for the Annual Meeting of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. San Diego, CA.
- Wall Bortz, W., Knight, D., Kinoshita, T., Choe, N., Nguyen, K., Borrego, M. (Under Review) A Competitive System: Graduate Student Recruitment in STEM and Why Money May Not be the Answer. American Educational Research Association (AERA). Toronto, Canada.
- Gautam, A., Wall Bortz, W., Tatar, D. Case for Integrating Computational Thinking and Science in a Low-Resource
- Setting. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD '17). Lahore, Pakistan.
- Gautam, A., Wall Bortz, W., Tatar, D. Lipscomb, K., Rivale, S., Orsino, C. and Etzkorn, F. (2017, April). Finding
- Abstraction-Comprehension Balance: A Study of Model-Based Integrated Science and Computational Thinking Application. American Educational Research Association (AERA). San Antonio, Texas.