Students who live off campus and commute to Fresno Pacific University are an important part of the community. Whether you have chosen to commute to save money or stay close to your family, we want you to make the most out of your college experience.
Studies show that the more you get involved in college life, the more satisfied you will be with your overall college experience when you graduate.
- Commuter Life Mission
- GROW personally
Education is more than knowledge. Each year, you can take advantage of opportunities to enhance your physical, mental and spiritual health as well as develop your personal character, sense of vocation and commitment to serving others.
College is a shared endeavor. College is challenging and is not meant to be done alone. You will have many opportunities to experience community, develop lifelong friendships and build a network of supportive peers.
A degree is a long-term investment in yourself and your family. We know how important your education is to you. You can expect the Commuter House to provide amenities and staff to help meet your unique needs and support your success.
Please, continue to browse the events and amenities available for commuter students. If you have questions regarding Commuter Life, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commuter Life Social Media
Being a commuter student usually means spending extra time driving and having more down-time between classes. One key to succeeding as a commuter student is using that time wisely. Whether you need to study, eat, take a nap, or hang out with friends, we have got just the place for you.
- Commuter House
The Commuter House is the hub of Commuter Life and your “home away from home.” It is a place where commuter students come to rest, connect with others and participate in many events. The Commuter House is staffed and fully equipped to meet the unique needs of Fresno Pacific University commuter students. The Commuter House amenities include a fully stocked kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, TV, video console, group study spaces, board games, comfy sofas and chairs, an at-cost snack bar and free coffee!
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Commuter House is located at:
4871 E. Heaton Ave., Fresno, CA
(Heaton House 6)
- Commuter Lounge
The Commuter Lounge provides additional space for commuter students to study, gather and rest. It is located on the north side of Jost Hall and provides a refrigerator, sink, microwave, music and study space.
Sunday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Friday- Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
If you have questions regarding Commuter Life, you may contact us at 559-453-5583 or email@example.com.
Commuter Life plans a calendar of events for commuter students every semester. Make sure you hear about upcoming events by connecting with Commuter Life on social media and looking for our emails in your university inbox.
- Commuter BBQs
- What better way is there to get to know your fellow students than to enjoy some free hamburgers and lawn-games together? Commuter BBQs are planned for each semester. We hope these events give you a chance to refuel and reconnect with your fellow commuters throughout the semester.
- Commuter Trips
- One of the best parts of being a college student is the chance to make memories and experience new things. This is why Commuter Life makes sure to plan commuter trips. Each trip is based on requests from current commuter students, but Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo, San Francisco and Monterey are always popular choices.
- Welcome Home Events
- At the start of each semester, commuter students are welcomed “home” with an event designed to help you start the semester off on the right food. The event usually includes snacks, a semester “survival-kit,” and a chance to get to know other commuters.
- Local Events
- Commuter Life also plans events around the community. Whether we are bowling, mini-golfing or watching a movie, it is great to spend some time together off campus.
Commuter Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where do I park?
- A: Parking passes for the Heaton, Jost, Chestnut and Hamilton lots can be purchased at the Cashier’s Office in MacDonald Hall. Parking is always free in the Butler Church lot, Steiner Athletic Complex, the adjacent gravel lot and on all city streets.
- Q: Where can I purchase food?
- A: You can purchase meals from the Shehadey Dining Hall or Charlotte’s Coffee Corner. The Shehadey Dining Hall offers weekly discounted lunches for commuter students. At-cost snacks are available in the Commuter House.
- Q: What else can I do on campus?
- A: Places for quite study include the Commuter Lounge, Hiebert Library and the computer lab located in the basement of Kriegbaum Hall.
- A: Places for socializing and studying include the Commuter House, Student Lounge, Charlotte’s Coffee Corner, AIMS Hall Atrium and "The Forest."
- A: Places for games and recreation include the Commuter House, game room and "The Green."