- Ph.D., School of Theology and Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA, 2008
- M.A., Biblical Studies and Theology, School of Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA, 2002
- M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy, School of Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA, 2001
- B.S., Psychology, Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri, 1995
Psychology of Religion
Science & Religion
Publications & Presentations
- Sample Publications
- Van Slyke, J. (2014). Religion is easy, but science is hard … Understanding McCauley’s thesis. Zygon 49 (3) 696-707.
- Van Slyke, J. (2014). Moral psychology, neuroscience, and virtue: From moral judgment to moral character. In Timpe, K. and Boyd, C. A. (Eds.) Virtues and their vices: Contemporary essays. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Van Slyke, J., Peterson, G., Reimer, K., Brown, W., Spezio, M. (Eds.) (2012). Theology and the Science of Morality: Virtue Ethics, Exemplarity, and Cognitive Neuroscience. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Van Slyke, J. (2011) The Cognitive Science of Religion: Religion and Science Series. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing.