Professionals in the field of finance manage long-term investments, working capital and issues of financing for organizations ranging from small businesses to large corporations. The finance emphasis will provide you with the tools and skills necessary to support and manage a successful career in finance.
- This emphasis offers an in-depth understanding of finance as it relates to various aspects of organizations.
- Courses focus on financial statement analysis, investments, risk management, personal and public finance and international finance and banking.
The finance emphasis prepares you for a successful career in financial planning and investment. Specific careers include bankers, finance directors and financial investors.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Emphasis Courses (6 Units)
|FIN 453||Capital Markets and Money||3|
Elective Courses (12 units)
Select four of the following
|FIN 452||Public Finance||3|
|INTB 460||International Finance and Economics||3|
|FIN 451||Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|ECON 440||Managerial Economics||3|
|MGT 457||Risk Management||3|
|CSSE 112||Survey of Computer Science||3|
|CSSE 220||Programming for Solving Problems||4|
Capstone Course (3 Units)
Choose one of the following
|BUS 482||Seminar in Business Strategy||4|
|BUS 496||Business Internship||3|
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Business Administration (AS-T) to Business Administration: Finance, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 102 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ACCT 220 Principles of Accounting I (4)
- ACCT 230 Principles of Accounting II (4)
- BUS-301 Business Writing (0) – Waived
- BUS-475 Law & the Legal Environment (3) [lower to upper division]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.