Fresno Pacific University welcomes all international students who meet academic and financial requirements for admission. International students eligibility must be determined through the International Programs and Services Office (IPSO), and then your information will be forwarded to the Graduate Admissions Office.
How to Apply
Graduate Admissions Office
1717 S. Chestnut Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
Phone: 559-453-3690 (Fresno area) and 888-328-0378 (toll free)
- Discover your graduate program of choice by searching our graduate programs page.
- Contact your program representative by calling the campus nearest you, attend an information meeting or complete the online inquiry form.
- Apply online
- If you are already studying in the U.S. and will be transferring (your SEVIS record) to FPU, please email email@example.com to request our SEVIS Transfer Form.
- Submit the following documentation to the International Programs & Services Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies; should reflect last two months).
- Affidavit of Financial Support.
Note: These forms are required to obtain an I-20 and can be filled out by the person paying for your education. Please indicate the total amount of financial support for one year by counting the cost per 18 units. See tuition and fees here. Please keep the originals for your visa interview and send us copies via email or fax.
- A copy of your passport (the page containing your photo) via email.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report (View requirements.)
- Submit the rest of the admission requirements via fax, email or postal mail to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- Official transcripts verifying graduation from a regionally-accredited baccalaureate institution or its international equivalent (All foreign transcripts or diplomas must be accompanied by a certified English translation and evaluation.) Official transcripts and transcripts evaluations must be received by our office in a sealed envelope. Applicants do not need to request Fresno Pacific University transcripts. Should you need assistance with transcripts evaluation, please contact the International Office staff.
- Portfolio containing a personal statement: Please reflect on your personal/professional development and write a statement (in English) that is 2-3 typed pages in length. It should be prepared in a thoughtful manner and address the following questions: What factors influenced you to choose your present career? How do your personal values influence your work? Why are you engaging in graduate work? Why have you chosen to study at FPU?
- Three references (It is the student's responsibility to submit forms to their referees. Forms are enclosed in the application packet.)
- Additional requirements as indicated under your graduate program of choice.
- Follow post-admission steps once notified of admission.