Adjunct Faculty in Special Education
Department: School of Education
Reports to: Dean in the School of Education
Status: Ongoing (as needed)
Start date: Each semester
The Division of Special Education at Fresno Pacific University offers preliminary education specialist credentials in mild-moderate disabilities, moderate/severe disabilities and early childhood special education. The division also offers the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization and Master’s Degree in special education. Program graduates are well-prepared and highly desired in the educational community in California’s Central Valley and beyond.
Faculty member will:
- teach courses as assigned.
- collaborate with faculty and lead instructor for course(s) taught.
Faculty member will:
- author new coursework as requested.
- collaborate with faculty and advisory board regarding new program and course development.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning
- Master’s degree in special education or closely-related field
- California special education teaching credential
- Experience in:
- special education classroom; birth – age 22
- working within mild/moderate, moderate/severe, adapted physical education and/or early childhood special education
- special education program leadership
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Evidence of involvement in a church or the larger Christian community
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- Information-oriented computer skills
- Doctorate in special education or a related field
Dependent upon qualifications and experience per the university's remuneration scale
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (with related documents), three letters of reference and transcripts or placement file to:
School of Education Dean's Office
1717 S. Chestnut Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
or email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Reserving its rights as a religious institution, Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age or disability, or other classes protected by applicable law. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you should contact FPU’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a religious institution, the University will administer the equal opportunity employment policy consistent with the Fresno Pacific University statement of faith, the FPU Idea and the University’s governance by the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.