Utilize these key resources to assist with creating a fresh resume, cover letter or CV or revising a document you already have:
3 Easy Steps to Craft Your Resume
- Look at the job description of the position for which you are applying. Highlight areas where you have experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Use the highlighted language to craft your Resume Framework.
- Schedule an appointment to have your resume critiqued by a Career Counselor by emailing email@example.com.
- Resume Framework | a Word document to help you get started.
- Resume Guide | describes how to create a resume with examples.
- Resume Profile | outlines how to add a resume profile with examples.
- Resume Content | learn how to create dynamic descriptions that draw in recruiters.
- ATS | grasp how to beat applicant tracking systems (ATS) in your job search.
- JobScan.co | mock applicant tracking system offering 4 free monthly scans.
- Transferable Skills | include qualities that transfer from one job to another.
- Grammarly | proofreading resource for your resume and other documents.
- Resume Skills | lists the best skills for your resume. See Tech Skills for IT resumes.
US Government Resumes
- USAjobs.gov | teaches how to create a US government resume.
- US Government Resume Video | explains how to write a US government resume.
- Cover Letter Framework | a Word document to help you get started.
- Cover Letter Guide | describes how to create a cover letter with examples.
- Vault Cover Letters | provides cover letter advice, samples, videos, and more.
- CareerMatch Cover Letters | learn to create a high-quality cover letter.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- CV Framework | a Word document to help you get started (grey items optional).
- CV Guide | describes when to use a CV and sections to include.
- CV Samples | provides four different curriculum vitae examples.
- International CV Supplement | offers insights into preparing for international careers.
- School Counseling CV Supplement | details preparing a school counseling CV.