Ron Herms, Ph.D.
School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences
- Ph.D., New Testament, University of Durham, England, 2005
- M.C.S., Biblical Languages & Literature, Regent College, Vancouver, BC, 1997
- B.A., Northwest University, Kirkland, WA, 1989
- Dean of School of Humanities, Religion, & Social Sciences, Fresno Pacific University, 2014-present
- Affiliated Instructor in New Testament, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013-present
- Associate Professor of Biblical Studies, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA, 2011-2013
- Director, Master of Arts in Theology & Culture, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA, 2010-2013
- Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies, Northwest University, Kirkland,WA, 2006-2011
- Tutor in Distance Education, Regent College, Vancouver, BC, 2005-2011
- Post-graduate Instructor in Theological German, Durham University, 2003-2005
- "Invoking the Spirit and Narrative Intent in John's Apocalypse," in Scripture and Spirit: Examining a Pneumatic Hermeneutic, eds. Kevin L Spawn and Archie T. Wright; T&T Clark, 2011
- Review of R. Waddell, The Spirit of the Book of Revelation (Blandford Forum, Dorset: Deo, 2006), Journal of Pentecostal Theology, 17 (2008): 9-18.
- "Being Saved Without Honor: A Conceptual Link Between 1 Cor 3 and 1 Enoch 50?" In Journal for the Study of the New Testament, 29.2 (Dec 2006): 187-210.
- S. Ahrnke, B. Embry & R. Herms. Bibliographische Dokumentation: Qumran Cave 4 Cryptic Texts DJD XXVI (Zeitschrift für Althebraistik, 2004).
- "Beasts & Brothels: How Post-colonial Theory Changed the Way we Read Apocalypses," Faith in the Humanities conference, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA, April 19, 2013
- "'Figuring' Women Out: Sensuality, Exploitation and Beauty in John's Apocalypse," Northwest University, Kirkland WA, March 19, 2010
- "Is Universal Salvation a New Testament Idea? The Case of Richard Bauckham and John's Apocalypse" Northwest University, Kirkland WA, October 4, 2007
- "Politics and Protests in the New Testament World," NEICE Annual Sixth Form Study Day in Religious Studies, University of Durham, April 21, 2005
- "Solomon, Jesus, and 'the Kings of the Earth': An Evaluation of a Messianic Tradition," SBL Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, November 21, 2004
- "Being Saved Without Honor: A Conceptual Link between 1 Corinthians 3 and 1 Enoch 50?" International SBL Meeting, Groningen, Netherlands, July 26, 2004
- "What Did Jesus Think Would Happen in the Future?" NEICE Annual Sixth Form Study Day in Religious Studies University of Durham, March 22, 2004
- "An Exegetical Workshop on the function of propheteia in 1 Corinthians 14: 1-2," University of Durham, Dept. of Theology, November 17, 2003
- "Revelation 12: 1-9: A possible Early Christian 'Birth Narrative'?" University of Durham, Dept. of Theology, November 4, 2002
Ron Herms and Brian Schultz honored for publications
Herms co-edits early Jewish literature anthology
Herms selected for national leadership development program
Profs take a moment to think about learning