- Office: AIMS 202
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Publications & Presentations
- “Converting Bioplastics to Biofuels”, with Catherine Jalomo, Abhijeet Nayak, Krista Edmiston, and Daudi Bogonko, SACNAS Conference, San Antonio, Texas, Oct 11-13, 2018.
- “Biodegradable Plastic Produced by Pseudomonas Strains via Agricultural and Biodiesel Wastes”, with Abhijeet Nayak, Catherine Jalomo, and Krista Edmiston, SACNAS Conference, San Antonio, Texas, Oct 11-13, 2018.
- “God-Inspired Words, Numbers, and Amino Acids the Building Blocks of Life”, Pacific Journal 12, 87–94, 2017.
- "Biosynthesis of Polyhydroxyalkanoate with Pseudomonas putida", with Mariela Mendoza and Isaac Alanis, paper # CHED 761, 253rd American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, California, April 2-6, 2017.
- "A Type of Amphiphilic Fullerene Derivative and Preparation Method, invention patent (Chinese), publication # CN 104030898 A, Sep 10, 2014" with Jidong He and Xin Zhang.
- "Gravimetric Analysis of Bismuth in Bismuth Subsalicylate Tablets: A Versatile Quantitative Experiment for Undergraduate Laboratories," with Eric Davis, Steve Pauls, Jonathan Dick, Elijah Roth, Nicole Zalewski, Christopher Veldhuizen, and Joel Coeler, J Chem Educ 92 (1), 163-166, 2015
- "In vitro cytotoxicity, hemolysis assay, and biodegradation behavior of biodegradable poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) nanoparticles as potential drug carriers," with Cheng Chen, Yin Chung Cheng, Chung Him Yu, Shun Wan Chan and Peter H F Yu, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 87A, 290-298, 2008
- "Preparation and characterization of biodegradable nanoparticles based on amphiphilic poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)–poly(ethylene glycol)–poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) triblock copolymer," with Cheng Chen, Yin Chung Cheng, Chung Him Yu and Peter H F Yu, Euro. Polym. J., 42, 2211-2220, 2006
- "Biodegradable Nanoparticles of Amphiphilic Triblock Copolymers Based on Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) and Poly(ethylene glycol) as Drug Carriers," with Cheng Chen, Chung Him Yu, Yin Chung Cheng and Peter H F Yu, Biomaterials, 27 4804-4814, 2006
- "Effects of the Types of Food Waste as Carbon Source on the Molecular Weight Distributions and Thermal Properties of the Bipolymer(polyhydroxybutyrate) Produced by Two Strains of Microorganisms," with Phoeby A. L. Wong, Wai-Hung Lo, Hong Chua and Peter Hoi Fu Yu, Materials Research Innovations, 9, 4-5, 2005