The following guidelines are used when considering transfer credit:

  • Courses completed at a regionally or ABHE, ATS, TRACS, or AARTS accredited institution.
  • Baccalaureate-level courses.
  • Grade of C- or better.
  • Courses are not duplicate to credit already received.
  • All GE and major courses must be taken for a letter grade, not pass/fail.
  • No lab is required for Area 5 Physical & Biological Sciences.
  • Some majors have lower division prerequisites. Select an institution below to see the school's general education and lower division major requirements.

FPU has transfer agreements with several institutions. Click to view the transfer agreement for your school.

*Transfer Agreements are only a tool. Transfer work is not considered official until it has been evaluated by the FPU Registrar’s Office.

Please visit the Academic Catalog for the full FPU Transfer Policy.

2-year Graduation Guarantee

FPU Degree Completion program guarantees you can complete your degree in just two years. If you meet the qualification requirements, fulfill your responsibilities under the program, and are unable to complete your major in a 2-yr. period, FPU will assume all additional tuition costs needed to complete your undergraduate degree.

Incoming Requirements

  • Have at least 60 transferable units 
  • Have at least a 2.4 transfer GPA

Student Responsibilities

To qualify for the guarantee students must:

  • Have most of your general education courses complete
  • Enroll in an average of 15 units per semester; not including repeated courses.
  • Remain in good academic standing by maintaining an institutional grade point average of 2.0 or higher
  • Enroll in the required number of consecutive semesters: 3-4 semesters depending on number of units transferred in
  • Make up units for any failed courses during the guarantee period, which may require you to take more than 15 units per semester.
  • Fulfill all graduation requirements, including core curriculum, major/minor requirements, and upper division course work requirements.
    • Two Year Guarantee: complete enough upper division courses to have at least 40 upper division units by the end of the 4-semester timeframe. 
  • Take all required courses during the semester recommended by your Academic Advisor.
  • Register for all upcoming courses during the registration period.

* If you are transferring to FPU from the California Community College system with an AA-T or AS-T, your FPU lower-division general education [GE] requirements may be fulfilled.