Adjunct Faculty in Music - Horn
The School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences seeks applications for an adjunct faculty instructor of Horn.
START DATE: August 29, 2022
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
Adjunct Faculty in Horn
- Master’s degree in Music with an emphasis in Horn Performance
- Teaching experience in Music at the primary, secondary and/or college levels
- Strong commitment to teaching horn musicianship, horn repertoire, and possibly horn or brass performance/master class if enrollment levels are sufficient
- Evidence of professional-level performance
- Experience in, or aptitude for, undergraduate-level teaching
- Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning, as well as involvement in a local church
- Terminal degree in Music or related field
- College-level teaching experience
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body as well as promote diversity
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
A faculty application is available at the link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Ron Herms, Ph.D.
School of HRSS, Box 2301
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.