- Ph.D., Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara
In my own experience I have been profoundly shaped by teachers and mentors, and am glad that now I have the chance to provide this for students at FPU. Two of FPU’s qualities are particularly exciting for me. First, it has a commitment to following the teachings and ways of Christ, whether locally or globally. Second, FPU has great ethnic and religious diversity, providing me and our community with ongoing opportunities to learn about how to love and serve those different from ourselves
- “Church Mission Involvement.” In The Power of Love for Reaching Out to “The Other,” by Johnny Ramirez-Johnson. (Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2023)
- Christ-Followers in Other Religions: The Global Witness of Insider Movements (Oxford, UK: Regnum Press, 2022)
- Seeking Church: Emerging Witnesses to the Kingdom (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2019)
- “What God Has Joined Together Let No One Separate: Local Church and Development Agencies in God’s Mission.” In Christianity in India: Conversion, Community Development and Religious Freedom, edited by Rebecca Shah and Joel Carpenter. (Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2018)
- Ecclesial Identities in a Multi-Faith Context: Jesus Truth-Gatherings (Yeshu Satsangs) Among Hindu and Sikhs in Northwest India. (Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2015)
- “Church Pews and Drunk Shepherds: The Precedence, Functions and Principles of Contextualization.” In The Church in Mission: Perspectives Of Global Mennonite Brethren On Mission In The 21st Century, edited by Victor Wiens and Elmer Martens. (Goessel, KS: Kindred Publishing, 2015)
- “Ecclesial Identities of Socioreligious ‘Insiders’: A Case Study of Fellowships among Hindu and Sikh Communities Religious Conversion and Identity.” International Bulletin of Missionary Research 37, no. 2 (2013): 86-89.
- “Must Insiders Be Churchless? Exploring Insiders’ Models of “Church.” International Journal of Frontier Missiology 29, no. 4 (2012): 161-167.
Darren Duerksen publishes book, speaks on global witness
Darren Duerksen appears on "Multifaith Matters" podcast
Darren Duerksen awarded a $1,000 curriculum grant
Duerksen receives grant to encourage racial equity and interfaith cooperation