Ken Cheung, Ph.D.
School of Natural Sciences
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- “Chemistry self-efficacy and grade of students at a small Hispanic-serving institution (HSI) located in California’s Central Valley”, Abstract ID #3644007, American Chemical Society Spring 2022 National Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 20-24, 2022.
- “Potential Biofuel Additives to Reduce Emissions and Improve Air Quality”, with Calicia J. Dahna and Catherine Jalomo, Pacific Journal 16, 93-102 (2021).
- “Converting Bioplastics to Biofuels”, with Catherine Jalomo, Abhijeet Nayak, Krista Edmiston, and Daudi Bogonko, SACNAS Conference, San Antonio, Texas, Oct 11-13, 2018.
- “Biodegradable Plastic Produced by Pseudomonas Strains via Agricultural and Biodiesel Wastes”, with Abhijeet Nayak, Catherine Jalomo, and Krista Edmiston, SACNAS Conference, San Antonio, Texas, Oct 11-13, 2018.
- “God-Inspired Words, Numbers, and Amino Acids the Building Blocks of Life”, Pacific Journal 12, 87–94, 2017.
- "Biosynthesis of Polyhydroxyalkanoate with Pseudomonas putida", with Mariela Mendoza and Isaac Alanis, paper # CHED 761, 253rd American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, California, April 2-6, 2017.
- "Gravimetric Analysis of Bismuth in Bismuth Subsalicylate Tablets: A Versatile Quantitative Experiment for Undergraduate Laboratories," with Eric Davis, Steve Pauls, Jonathan Dick, Elijah Roth, Nicole Zalewski, Christopher Veldhuizen, and Joel Coeler, J Chem Educ 92 (1), 163-166, 2015.
- "In vitro cytotoxicity, hemolysis assay, and biodegradation behavior of biodegradable poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) nanoparticles as potential drug carriers," with Cheng Chen, Yin Chung Cheng, Chung Him Yu, Shun Wan Chan and Peter H F Yu, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 87A, 290-298, 2008.
- "Preparation and characterization of biodegradable nanoparticles based on amphiphilic poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)–poly(ethylene glycol)–poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) triblock copolymer," with Cheng Chen, Yin Chung Cheng, Chung Him Yu and Peter H F Yu, Euro. Polym. J., 42, 2211-2220, 2006.
- "Biodegradable Nanoparticles of Amphiphilic Triblock Copolymers Based on Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) and Poly(ethylene glycol) as Drug Carriers," with Cheng Chen, Chung Him Yu, Yin Chung Cheng and Peter H F Yu, Biomaterials, 27 4804-4814, 2006.
Ken Cheung gives paper on improving chemistry self-efficacy
FPU's own Sweet 16