Andrew Sensenig, Ph.D.
School of Natural Sciences
- Ph.D. Entomology. Scale effects on gill plate ventilation mechanics in mayfly nymphs. University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA. 2009.
- M.S. Entomology. Elastic sclerites and hydraulics in arachnid locomotion. University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA. 2002.
- B.A. Physics major with minors in mathematics and biology. Millersville University, PA, USA. 2000.
- Sensenig, A. (2014). So, what good is a mayfly? Column: Science with Sensenig, September 2. Hillsboro Free Press newspaper. Hillsboro, KS, USA.
- Sensenig, A. (2014). Even spiders don’t scare me. Column: Science with Sensenig, August 5. Hillsboro Free Press newspaper. Hillsboro, KS, USA.
- Sensenig, A. (2014). Let’s grind up all the sharks. Column: Science with Sensenig, September 30. Hillsboro Free Press newspaper. Hillsboro, KS, USA.
- Brown, L., Stephens, A., Sensenig, A.T. (2014) Object permanence demonstrated by a Double Yellow Headed Amazon Parrot Amazona oratrix and an African Grey Parrot Psittacus erithacus. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. 117(3-4):232-236.
- Sensenig, A. T., Kelly, S.P., Lorentz, K.A., Lesher, B., Blackledge T.A. (2013). Mechanical performance of spider orb webs is tuned for high speed prey. Journal of Experimental Biology. 216: 3388-3394.
- Sensenig, A., Kelly S.P., Lorentz K.A., Blackledge T.A. (2012). Spider orb webs rely on radial threads to absorb prey kinetic energy. Proceedings of the Royal Society Interface. 9(73):1880-1891.
- Kelly, S.P., Sensenig A., Lorentz, K.A., Blackledge, T.A. (2011). Damping capacity is evolutionarily conserved in the radial silk of orb weaving spiders. Zoology. 114:233-238.
- Sensenig, A. T., Agnarsson, I., Blackledge, T. A. (2011). Adult spiders use tougher silk: ontogenetic changes in web architecture and silk biomechanics in the orb-weaver spider. Journal of Zoology. 285:28-38.
- Sensenig, A. T., Shultz, J. W. & Kiger, K. (2010). Hydrodynamic pumping by serial gill arrays in the mayfly nymph Centroptilum triangulifer. Journal of Experimental Biology. 213:3319-31.
- Sensenig, A., Agnarsson, I., & Blackledge, T.A. (2010). Behavioural and biomaterial coevolution in spider orb webs. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. 23:1807-2029. (cover article)
Andrew Sensenig wins USDA fellowship for HSI faculty
Andrew Sensenig, students, publish paper in the Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology
Fresno Pacific University makes 14 new faculty appointments for fall 2015