- (559) 453-5682
- Office: WEC 142
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Administration, and Policy with Distinction, Pepperdine University
- M.A., Special Education with honors, Chapman University
- M.M., Music Performance, University of Redlands
- B.M., Music Performance, California State University, Fullerton
- Clear Administrative Credential
- Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subjects Credential
- Single Subject Matter - Music
Goal: Contribute to the literature by understanding and developing the role of community-based partnerships in meeting the educational needs of marginalized populations and their families.
Marginalized Populations: Individuals with Disabilities and Native Americans
Settings: Tribal, Public, and Private Schools
Current Grant Project
January 2016 – May 2017. (60% PI)
Identifying the Cultural Characteristics of Inclusion in Christian Schools. An ethnography study.
Louisville Institute Pastor Research Grant
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2014)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2012)
- The Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability (2012 - )
- Fresno Pacific University – Institutional Review Board Committee Member (2016 - )
- Native American Parent Technical Assistant Center – Advisory Board Member (2016 - )
- Fresno Pacific University - Graduate Academic Cabinet Member (2015 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Division of International Special Education & Services, Finance & Budget Committee (2014 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Caucus, Faith Based Schools and Organizations, Chair (2014 - )
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013 - 2015)
- Space Utilization Task Force Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- WASC Standards 2 & 4 Review Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Disability Services Advisory Board, Fresno Pacific University (2013 -)
- SOE Vision Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2011)
- National Association of Christian in Special Education, Board Member (2010 - 2014)
- J. C. Shea Therapeutic Riding Center, Volunteer (2008 - 2010)
- Orange County, Parks & Recreation Volunteer (2010)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs, LCMS/PSD (1996 -2005)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2015)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Carol Gray Award (2006)
- America’s Most Influential Teacher (2006)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs (1996 - 2005)
- California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Recipient (1993)
- American Council on Rural Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Caucus: Faith Based Schools and Organizations
- Caucus: Native American
- National Indian Education Association
Publications & Presentations
- Lane, J.M., & Jones, D. R. (2016). Inclusion in International Schools: A study of theoretical principles, ethical practices, and consequentialist theories in school administrators. Journal of Psychology Research, 5(6).
- 2016/April. Public and Private Schools: Child Find Obligations. Invitational - Policy Presentation. Council for Exceptional Children Convention, St. Louis, MO.
- 2016/April. Special Education and Christian Schools: The Why & How. Platform Presentation. TASH Regional Conference in Nashville, TN.
- 2016/March. Special Education Professionals and Cultural Competency. Paper Presentation at the Native American Conference on Special Education in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- 2016/March. Special Education Transition Perspectives in Minority Groups. Platform Presentation. American Council of Rural Special Education Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- Lane, J.M., & Jones, D.R. (2015). Child find practices in Christian schools. Journal of Research in Christian Education, 24(3), 212-223.
- Lane, J.M., & Jones, D.R. (2015). Children with special needs: Enrollment practices in Christian schools. Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability, 4(2), 99-112.
- 2015/March. Special Education Transition Perspectives in Minority Groups and Special Education and the Grief Process. Platform Presentation at the Native American Conference on Special Education Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- 2015/February. Inclusion in International Schools: A Study of Theoretical Principles, Ethical Practices, and Consequentialist Theories in School Administrators. Paper Presentation at Academy of Education Studies in Diego, CA.
- 2014/October. Special Education, Public Law, and Christian Schools. Presentation at Joni and Friends Disability Summit at Fresno Pacific University.
- 2014/July. Inclusion in International Schools: A Study of Theoretical Principles, Ethical Practices, and Consequentialist Theories in School Administrators. Paper presentation at the CEC Division of International Special Education & Services Conference in Baraga, Portugal.
- Lane, J.M., & Jones, D.R. (2014). Special education professional development in Christian schools. Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability, 3(2), 45-68.
- Lane, J.M., & Kinnison, Q. P. (2014). Welcoming children with special needs: Empowering Christian special education through purpose, policy, and procedures. Bloomington, IN: Westbow Press.
- 2012/February. Public Law, Christian Schools, & Special Education and Christian School Leadership: Vision & Purpose for Special Needs Programming. Platform presentation at the Association of Christian Schools International Administrator’s Conference in Fish Camp, CA.
- March/2012. His Special Children: Special Education Law and Program Development. Platform presentation for the So. Illinois & St. Louis Districts – Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in St. Louis, MO.