- (559) 453-5682
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Administration, and Policy with Distinction, Pepperdine University
- M.A., Special Education with honors, Chapman University
- M.M., Music Performance, University of Redlands
- B.M., Music Performance, California State University, Fullerton
- Clear Administrative Credential
- Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subjects Credential
- Single Subject Matter - Music
Research Agenda: To understand special education programming through the lens of cultural reciprocity and school climate as it applies to children with disabilities in international, private, rural and tribal schools.
Current Grant Project
- Fresno Pacific University Provost Grant, (2018)
- Louisville Institute Pastoral Research Grant (2017)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2014)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2012)
- Journal of Research in Christian Education (2018 – present)
- The Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability (2012 - )
- Native American Parent Technical Assistant Center – Advisory Board Member (2016 - )
- Fresno Pacific University - Graduate Academic Cabinet Member (2015 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Division of International Special Education & Services, Finance & Budget Committee (2014 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Caucus, Faith Based Schools and Organizations, Chair (2014 - )
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013 - 2015)
- Space Utilization Task Force Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- WASC Standards 2 & 4 Review Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Disability Services Advisory Board, Fresno Pacific University (2013 -)
- SOE Vision Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2011)
- National Association of Christian in Special Education, Board Member (2010 - 2014)
- J. C. Shea Therapeutic Riding Center, Volunteer (2008 - 2010)
- Orange County, Parks & Recreation Volunteer (2010)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs, LCMS/PSD (1996 -2005)
- Spencer Foundation Post-Doctorate Fellowship Semi-Finalist (2017)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2015)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Carol Gray Award (2006)
- America’s Most Influential Teacher (2006)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs (1996 - 2005)
- California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Recipient (1993)
- American Council on Rural Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Caucus: Faith Based Schools and Organizations
- Caucus: Native American
- National Indian Education Association
Publications & Presentations
- Lane, J.M. ((under review). A Sampling of International Schools’ Special Education Practices and Reflections.
- Lane, J.M., & Jones, D. R (under review). Child find activities between public and private school personnel: Engagement, barriers, and experiences.
- Lane, J.M. & Kinnison, Q.P. (2020). Research on inclusion and hospitality in Christian schools. ACSI Research in Brief, 1(2), 5-8. file:///C:/Users/17147/Downloads/ResearchInBriefSpring2020.pdf
- Lane, J.M.(February 2020). A Sampling of International Schools’ Special Education Practices and Reflections, Poster Presentation at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference in Portland, OR.
- Lane, J.M.(October 2019). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth, Paper Presentation at the National Indian Education Association Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
- Lane, J.M., Kinnison, Q.P., & Ellard, A. (2019).Creating Inclusive and Hospitable Christian Schools: Three Case Studies. Journal of Religion & Disability,(3)1-22.
- Lane, J.M., & George, S. (2018). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth. Journal of American Indian Education, 57(3),5-26.
- Lane, J.M., & Keith, L.C. (2018). A pilot study: Addressing Native American cultural competency. International Journal of Education and Culture, 7(1-2), 13-34.
- Lane, J.M. (2017). Special education staffing and service models in Christian schools. Journal of Research in Christian Education, 26(3), 225-236.
- Lane, J.M. (October 2017). Changing the Culture: Special Education Programming. Professional Development at the Lutheran Education Association – Houston, Texas.