The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development is designed to help you fully understand the growth and development of children – from birth through eight years of age. Our experienced faculty provide a strong foundation in theory and practice, focused on the total environment of the child. You’ll learn to address the unique needs of young children, including those with exceptionalities and special needs.
- The program is offered face-to-face or fully online
- Cohorts groups meet one night per week
- Cohort of 12-24 adults progress through the program together
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Curriculum is aligned with the California Preschool Learning Foundations, published by the California State Department of Education and the NCATE standards for baccalaureate degrees
- Graduates meet subject matter competence in the seven categories identified by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Graduates are prepared for careers in early childhood education. Alumni have gone on to work in public and private preschools, as well as churches and businesses that offer preschool. For those who wish to continue their education, the program also prepares graduates to pursue credentials and certificates to become educators in elementary schools and special education programs, or work as career counselors with child and family services.
Carol Gossett, Ed.D.
Sandra Frisby, Ed.D.
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts or diploma
- Official college transcripts
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
Required Courses (39 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University. Each course is six weeks long.
Semester One (12 Units, 24 Weeks)
|ECD 305||Advanced Child Growth and Development||3|
|ECD 300||Child, Family and Community||3|
|ECD 310||Human Diversity and Relations||3|
|ECD 483||Child Observation Practicum||3|
Semester Two (12 Units, 24 Weeks)
|ECD 400||Children's Play and Learning Theory||3|
|ECD 420||Guidance in Social and Emotional Behaviors||3|
|ECD 430||Early Childhood Physical Education Methods||3|
|ECD 440||Students with Exceptionalities in School and Community||3|
Semester Three (12 Units, 24 Weeks)
|BIB 438||Biblical Perspectives for Educators||3|
|ECD 450||Children's Art and Literature||3|
|ECD 460||Math and Science for Young Children||3|
|ECD 470||Curriculum Development for Early Childhood Education||3|
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3*|
*To be completed prior to BIB-438