The U.S. Department of Education has authorized Fresno Pacific University to administer federal loan programs under Title IV funding.
- Direct Loans
Direct Loans can be need-based (subsidized) or non-need based (unsubsidized).The federal government will pay the interest on a subsidized loan while the borrower is enrolled in school at least half-time. For unsubsidized loans, interest begins to accumulate at the point of disbursement. Repayment for both types does not begin until six months after graduating, withdrawing from school or dropping below half-time.
- Log in to studentaid.gov using FAFSA log-in
- Complete Direct Loan entrance counseling
- Complete a Master Promissory Note
- PLUS Loans
The PLUS Loan program enables parents of undergraduate students and graduate students with a good credit history to borrow funds. Parents and graduate students may borrow up to the cost of tuition, books and fees less any other financial aid received by the student.
- Private Educational Loans
While we encourage students to pursue federal student loans prior to applying for private educational loans, these loans may be helpful and beneficial to some borrowers.
- Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
The federal government requires you to complete loan counseling to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming. Entrance counseling will walk you through the Direct Loan process and explain your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. You are also required you to complete a Master Promissory Note. The Master Promissory Note is a legal document in which you agree to pay your loan(s) back along with any interest that accumulates. The document will also include the terms and conditions of your loan. Please note that Federal student loans cannot be disbursed to a students' account until both of these documents are completed.
- Loan Exit Counseling
- The federal government requires that any and all federal loan borrowers complete the Direct Loan Exit Counseling and the time of departure from the University. Fresno Pacific if required to ensure that any and every Direct Loan borrower (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Grad PLUS) who falls below half-time completes the exit counseling. The exit counseling is required if the student stays enrolled at less than half-time, graduates or withdraws from the institution. Parents who have borrowed a Direct Parent PLUS Loan are not required to complete the exit counseling. Please note that if you plan to graduate you will be required to complete the exit counseling before being allowed to participate in Commencement. If you need to complete a loan exit counseling, please visit studentloans.gov and sign in with your FSA ID.
Loan Cancellation Notice
Any loan(s) disbursed to your student account will apply towards your university charges first. Please note the disbursed amount reflected is the NET amount after the Direct Loan Servicer has deducted the required loan fee(s). You have the right to cancel all or a portion of your loan(s) within 14 days of being notified funds have been applied to your student account, or within 14 days after the start of the semester, whichever is later. If you do wish to cancel or reduce any part of your loan(s), please contact the Student Financial Services office for further guidance.