The teacher education program offers credential programs to candidates like you, interested in teaching general education in the elementary and middle school classroom (multiple subjects) and specific subjects at the middle school and high school levels (single subject). You may also combine either of these credentials with a master's degree in education. The courses are solidly grounded in both theory and practice and have been designed to provide you with thorough preparation to teach in multilingual, multicultural communities. This program is accredited by the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing (CCTC) and recognized by private schools, as well.
- Emphasis on application of theory to practice
- Student teaching cohort model with placement in partnering school districts
- Collaborative learning community and quality mentorship
- High rate of employment
Our graduates are highly sought-after by local school districts. Through academic rigor and mentoring, graduates are prepared to enter the classroom with confidence.
Linda Hoff, Ph.D.
Jacalyn Griffen, Ed.D.
Michelle Pengilly, Ed.D.
Robin Perry, Ed.D.
Angelica Reynosa, Ed.D.
Janet L. Zoller
Note: As a result of COVID-19, admission requirements have temporarily been simplified. Please contact your program representative for more information.
- Online application and fee
- Teacher Education Addendum
- 2 reference forms
- Official transcripts
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Verification of current negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Certificate of Clearance Official Passing results on Basic Skills Test
- Official Passing on CBEST and CSET
|Deadline to Submit Application||In Order to Start|
|Friday, April 9, 2021||Summer 2021 - 1st Session: Coursework Only|
|Friday, May 21, 2021||Summer 2021 - 2nd Session: Coursework Only|
|Friday, June 4, 2021**||Fall 2021: Coursework and Student Teaching**|
|Friday, August 6, 2021||Fall 2021: Coursework Only|
|Friday, November 5, 2021**||Spring 2022: Coursework and Student Teaching**|
|Friday, December 3, 2021||Spring 2022: Coursework Only|
**Complete application includes submission of CTC clearance and negative TB test from within past 12 months