Fresno Pacific University's Health Center recognizes wellness as the best possible God-given state of being. Wellness is more than lack of disease. It is balanced life wholeness. Wellness is achieved through nurturing the physical, spiritual, social and mental areas of our lives. Health services supports all areas, but primarily addresses disease prevention and health promotion.
FPU also offers an online wellness magazine, Student Health 101. Scroll down for more links and additional magazine issues.
Most services at the FPU Health Center are available at little to no charge to students, staff and faculty. Appointments can be made, but are not necessary. Services provided include:
- Assessment/evaluation of acute (short) and long-term illnesses
- First aid treatment
- Health and wellness information
- Health provider referrals
- Medical resources for students and staff
- Screening of medical concerns
- Seasonal flu shots
Immunizations / Tests
The Health Center offers a variety of over-the-counter (OTC) medications including allergy relief, minor aches/pains or illnesses. Please see campus nurse for any first aid needs, questions/concerns or call the Campus Safety at 559-453-2298 if the office is closed. Athletes at Fresno Pacific University can also contact the Athletic department staff and trainers for sports related questions/concerns. For any emergencies, call 911.
Community clinic and physician referrals are available if needed. We also have a list of health care providers near the university.
FPU Immunization Requirements for Enrolled Students
- Hepatitis B - Full immunization series. First-time enrollees, 18 years of age and younger - Highly recommended for all students.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) - All incoming students (two doses; the last dose must have been after age 12 months.)
- Meningococcal - Conjugate/vaccine - (1st dose on or after 16th birthday, anyone 21 yrs old and younger)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) - All students
- Varicella (chicken pox) - Two (2) doses on or after 1st birthday, All incoming students born in the US after 1979
* New freshmen planning to live on campus must complete a TB questionnaire to evaluate risk for exposure. After review of the questionnaire by the campus nurse, it will then be determined if a PPD skin test is necessary.
FPU Requirements for International Students
In addition to the above immunization requirements, proof of a negative Tuberculin Skin Test PPD (Mantoux) within the past 12 months must be provided. Completed polio series (three doses of OPV, four doses of IPV or four doses of any combination of OPV and IPV) must also be submitted.
** If you have a medical condition that exempts you from these vaccines or is against your beliefs:
Please download the Immunization Waiver Form and submit to the Health Center.
FPU Health Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Alt. Phone: 559-453-2198
Text FRESNO to 40691
You can access your mobile edition of Student Health 101, for use on mobile phones and tablet devices at: http://readsh101.com/m/fresno.html
You can access any past issues through your Archive Link: fresno.readsh101.com
Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Protect Your Health: Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Student Assistance Program
- FPU Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Prevention Program
- DAAPP Biennial Review 2017
The Fitness Center is a place where all FPU students and employees can go to meet their fitness needs.