Registering for classes is one of the final steps in becoming an FPU Sunbird. This page contains a breakdown of all the steps necessary in the registration process including how to use Sunbird Central (FPU’s registration website), what to expect when meeting with your academic advisor, and resources as you prepare for the first day of classes.
The registration team will be contacting you once we have received your enrollment deposit and Registration Scheduling Questionnaire. We will be setting up an individual time for you to meet with your Transfer or Freshman Academic Advisor based on the major you have selected on the Registration Scheduling Questionnaire. If this has changed, please let a registration team member know.
Please make sure your registration appointment is confirmed. If you have to cancel or change it for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible.
Before you meet with your advisor:
- Have your student ID# and student login/password ready. Your login information was sent to you via email upon your admission to FPU. If you need either of these two items, please contact the admission office.
- Login to your Sunbird Central account and complete the Emergency Contact Information section that will pop up on the top right of your screen. The system will not allow you to register without completing this. This needs to be done prior to your appointment.
- Watch the Registration Instructions Presentation
- Take any required placement tests.
- The admissions office will notify you and send instructions if you are required to take an English Placement and/or a Foreign Language Placement Test.
Registering for classes
Your advisor will walk you through this process and will approve any classes you have discussed. You will also need to approve all your classes to ensure you are registered for them. If you need to change classes after registration and before the term begins, please let the admissions office know and we can connect you with an advisor who can assist you in making the changes.
Other things to do:
- Take Photo for FPU ID Card. You can pick up your student ID during orientation. You must present a valid photo ID in order to pick up your student ID. If you will be registering for classes on campus, there will be an option to take your ID photo then as well.
- Turn in Roommate Match Form (On-Campus) or Housing Policy Form (Commuters)
- Submit your Medical Health History Form and immunization records to our Health Center via email at email@example.com.
- All forms and records must be received before the start of classes or a hold will be put on your account.
- Immunization Waiver
- Mail in Final Official Transcripts
- These must be received before the start of classes or a hold will be put on your account.
- Meet with your Student Financial Services Advisor to finalize financial arrangements.
- If you are signed up for a payment plan, please note when your first payment is due!
Upon final confirmation of course registration, keep an eye on your inbox for information on new student orientation from FPU’s Campus Life department.