Due to COVID-19, the 2020 tour to France has been postponed until 2021, and the 2021 tour to Vienna, Prague and Budapest has been postponed until 2022. Details below.
Join us for an incredible tour of France. With tour host, Stephen Varvis, Ph.D., professor of history, you will have the opportunity to share experiences, learn from others, be a part of the extended FPU community, renew friendships and gain new ones all while being inspired by the creativity and spiritual experience of the art, architecture and people you meet of France.
- Four days in Paris, tour of the city, Versailles, San Chappelle
- Monet’s home and studio in Giverny
- Normandy D-Day sites and tour
- Mont St. Michel and St. Malo on the Brittany coast
- Loire Valley Chateaux
- Chartres Cathedral
June 15-27, extension June 27-30
- Daily breakfast
- Handpicked hotels
- Five dinners
- Cooking class
- Optional excursions
- Multilingual tour director
- Guided sightseeing and select entrance fees
- Free time to explore on your own
The extension will be to the cities of Annecy and Chamonix in the French Alps (site of the first winter Olympics) with a gondola trip up Mont Blanc to over 12,000’ (highest peak in Europe). The return flight home will be out of Geneva.
- Land tour: $3959
- Return flight from Fresno: $1420 (travelers may book their own flights privately)
- Total cost: $5379
- Three-day optional extension: $879
Full details, itinerary and registration
Go Ahead Tours
Final date to register
February 28, 2021
2022 Alumni & Friends Tour - Central Europe
- We will go to three central European cities—Budapest, Prague and Vienna. These are three of the most beautiful and historic cities in Europe.
- For the extension we will travel to Salzburg (Sound of Music sites) and to the Oberammergau passion play (postponed from 2020 to 2022), leaving for home out of Munich.
- Dates will be approximately June 14-17, returning June 25-28, with extension three days after.
Complete the form below for more information, and Steve Varvis will contact you.