As an educator, you can improve your physical education skills with FPU’s online master of arts in kinesiology with an emphasis in physical education. The program provides a broad understanding of the history and philosophy of up-to-date physical education practices. You will gain the necessary tools to develop physical education programs, with coursework focused on implementing ethical standards in teaching methods.
- Work and earn degree simultaneously
- Courses are offered fully online
- Study how to improve your physical education, teaching and coaching skills
Credentialed graduates are prepared to teach physical education at any grade level, including community college or university.
Jim Ave, Ph.D., ATC
- Application form and fee
- One letter of recommendation
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying bachelor’s degree in kinesiology
- Individuals without a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology can meet the requirement by satisfying one of these areas:
- Minimum 12-semester units of study in physical education
- 4 years full-time or 8 years part-time physical education teaching and/or coaching experience
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- If GPA is below 2.75 submit a current resume and letter of explanation
Kinesiology Courses (27 Units)
|KIN 710||Technology in Kinesiology||3|
|KIN 720||Psychology of Sport||3|
|KIN 725||Program Design in Physical Education||3|
|KIN 730||History and Philosophy in Kinesiology||3|
|KIN 740||Advanced Methods of Teaching Physical Education||3|
|KIN 745||Assessment in Physical Education||3|
|KIN 777A||Issues in Kinesiology||3|
|KIN 792A||Professional Standards in Physical Education I||3|
|KIN 792B||Professional Standards in Physical Education II||3|
Master of Arts Core (9 Units)
|KIN 715||Legal Aspects of Kinesiology and Sport||3|
|KIN 771||Research Methods in Kinesiology||3|
|KIN 779||Values in Kinesiology and Sport||3|
|KIN 796||Comprehensive Examination||0|
*Students required to work a minimum of 9 hours per week in a Kinesiology-related area.
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.