The Teacher Librarian Program offers coursework leading to a California Teacher Librarian Services Credential. The effective teacher librarian works collaboratively with classroom teachers to develop and implement standards-based learning experiences for diverse student populations; selects, organizes, manages, and promotes the use of learning resources in all formats; and instructs students and staff in the critical evaluation, appropriate access, and effective use of information.
The mission of the Teacher Librarian Program at Fresno Pacific University is to prepare professional educators to develop and maintain high quality library media and curricular programs by serving as information and technology specialists, instructional leaders, and collaborative partners in K-12 schools.
Candidates may obtain the California Emergency Teacher Librarian Services Permit to gain employment as a teacher librarian in California K-12 public schools while completing the credential coursework.
Read more about this program on the Leading from the Library blog.
- Accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Fully online program allows candidates to complete coursework on their own schedule and from any location
- Rigorous and relevant course content focused exclusively on the school library program with a strong emphasis on collaboration, teaching, and the use of educational technology
- All courses taught by experienced and accomplished teacher librarians
- Emphasis on community and connection to the broader teacher librarian network
- Supportive and caring faculty
- School Librarian
- Technology Coach
- Professional Development Provider
- Application form and fee
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, Letter of Explanation if below 3.0
- Valid California teaching credential
- Verification of passing CBEST
- Three current (within one year) Graduate Reference form
- Orientation interview with program director
Required Courses (29 Units)
|LIB-715||Administration of the School Media Center||3|
|LIB-720||Selection and Organization of Learning Resources||3|
|LIB-732||Evaluation and Promotion of Children's Literature||3|
|LIB-736||Evaluation and Promotion of Young Adult Literature||3|
|LIB-740||Digital Literacy Technologies||3|
|LIB-792||Field Studies in School Librarianship I||2|
|LIB-793||Field Studies in School Librarianship II||2|