Church music, though often similar in composition to many traditional and modern styles of music, incorporates unique elements and therefore requires specialized talents. This emphasis provides you with training for leadership in church music programs.
- Courses include conducting and vocal pedagogy.
- Internship opportunities provide practical experience and allow for hands-on learning and observation.
This emphasis will prepare you to serve as a music ministry professional in roles such as leading worship or performances for a congregation.
Transferring to Fresno Pacific
FPU is a partner school with Transferology, a web-based tool that allows you to match the courses you’ve already taken with FPU programs. Visit Transferology.com to create an account and get started.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Music (AA-T) to Music: Church Music, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- MUS 110/110L - Music Theory and Aural Skills/Lab (3/1)
- MUS 210/210L - Music Theory and Counterpoint/Lab (3/1)
- MUS 310/310L - Music Theory and Analysis/Lab (3/1)
- Applied Music (Private Instruction) (2 Units)
- Ensemble (Performance Groups) (4 units)
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Required Courses (12-14 Units)
|MUS 411||Scoring and Arranging||3|
|MUS 450||Conducting I||3|
|MUS 451||Conducting II||3|
|MUS 460||Vocal Pedagogy||2|
|MUS 493||Church Music Internship||1 - 3|
Church music majors are required to pass Level 2 of the performance jury exam on their primary instrument. Church music majors should consider one academic year of participation in Handbell Choir.
Christine Keenan, M.A.
Jeffrey Wilson, DMA
Christa Pehl Evans, Ph.D.