As a kinesiology major with an emphasis in physical education teaching at Fresno Pacific University, you will be prepared to teach physical education in a single-subject setting within schools. In addition to the core classes in human anatomy, biomechanics and physiology of exercise, you’ll learn instructional strategies to teach within a K-12 curriculum. Using California state guidelines, this degree will give you a broad content base and prepare you to pass the CSET examination, which is required prior to entry into a teacher education program.
- Emphasis courses allow you to gain a broad knowledge of physical activities for an educational setting
- Small class sizes allow for more a personalized education and mentoring opportunities
The physical education teaching emphasis is designed specifically to prepare you to teach physical education in a K-12 educational system and will readily prepare you to enter a teacher education program.
Transferring to Fresno Pacific
FPU is a partner school with Transferology, a web-based tool that allows you to match the courses you’ve already taken with FPU programs. Visit Transferology.com to create an account and get started.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Kinesiology (AS-T) to Kinesiology: Physical Education Teaching, B.A
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- KIN 251 Foundations of Kinesiology (3)
- BIOL 331/331L Human Anatomy (4) [Lower to Upper Division]
- BIOL 332/332L Human Physiology (4) [Lower to Upper Division]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Emphasis Courses (17 Units)
|KIN 320||Theory of Physical Education||3|
|KIN 340||Measurement Evaluation||3|
|KIN 345||Analysis of Individual and Dual Sports||2|
|KIN 351||Analysis of Team Sports||2|
|KIN 357||Analysis of Outdoor Activities||1|
|KIN 359||Analysis of Fundamental Movements||1|
|KIN 368||Analysis of Aquatics||1|
|KIN 369||Analysis of Fitness Activities||1|
|KIN 370||Analysis of Non-Traditional Sports||1|
|KIN 375||Analysis of Dance||2|