The Intercultural Learning Center (ILC) opened in 2016 in Room 122 of Steinert Campus Center, next to the Student Life Office on the main Fresno Pacific University campus, 1717 S. Chestnut, Ave. Our mission is to build bridges between people through dialogue, cultural understanding and interpersonal interactions, and our goal is to provide facilities and services that help students achieve academic success. The center offers laptop computers, printers, flat panel screens, and other technology, as well as study space for individuals and groups. This is a friendly, quiet place to do academic work and meet people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The wide range of activities for students and staff includes workshops, presentations, conferences, debates, social intercultural activities and visits by experts in many fields. The friendly staff will welcome you with a smile.
Space capacity: 60 people
Year opened: 2016
Target audience: ALAS students, FPU students and community
Building bridges between people through dialogue, culture understanding and interpersonal interactions.
Encounter & dialogue:
- Provide a place where people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds can meet and interact
- Promote and embrace cultural diversity
- Encourage appreciation of cultural diversity by fostering intercultural dialogue and cross culture understanding
- Provide intercultural competencies and intercultural learning
- Study space available for students
- Help students to achieve their academic success through our services, resources, and support.
- Computer equipment
- Library browser touchscreens
- Flat panel displays
Description of Main Activities
- Social Intercultural activities
- Inviting experts