Service and Emotional Support Animals Policy
For complete policy and information about Service Animals or Emotional Support Animals on campus, please read the entire document.
- Alternative Access Accommodation Policy
- Animal and Disability Law
- Distraction Reduced Setting for Tests Policy
- Electronic/Accessible Text Policy
- Extended Due Dates Policy
- Extended Time on Exams Policy
- Lactation Time Policy
- Modified Attendance Policy
- Non-Discrimination Statement
- Notetaking Assistance Policy
- Process for Aquiring Electronic Texts
- Permission to Record Lectures Policy
- Seizure/Diabetes Notice
Procedure for Admission to the University
Applicants with disabilities should complete FPU’s admission process. Each application will be evaluated without discrimination. A student may choose to self-disclose a disability during the admission process, but such disclosure is not required nor is it penalized.
We encourage students with disabilities to contact the office of Disability Access and Education to discuss academic and other needs before the beginning of their first semester or as soon as they are diagnosed with a disability. Once documentation is on file, arrangements for reasonable accommodations can be made.
Students’ names and the nature of disabilities will be kept confidential, except in cases where the information is vital to providing services and/or accommodations requested by a student.
Students who choose not to self-identify when they enter FPU do not forfeit their right to request and receive services later. However, the university is not obligated to provide accommodations or services for students with disabilities until the student registers with the office of Disability Access and Education.