The Master of Arts in Ministry, Leadership and Culture is an innovative and holistic educational experience designed primarily for pastors currently engaged in ministry. This three-year program, conducted primarily in an online classroom, includes instruction from strategic, global Anabaptist leaders and is grounded in the Anabaptist tradition. The program requires students to serve in your local church for 10 hours per week, attend a weekly 90-minute synchronous discussion via video conference, attend three one-week retreats in North America, and create their own cross-cultural experience before graduation. Each student will be assigned a coach or spiritual director to help him or her develop into a highly equipped ministry leader.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Options to study in Israel and/or attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Featuring guest faculty, Greg Boyd, Ph.D.; Brian Zahnd; and Bruxy Cavey, Th.M.
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Pending Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation.
With a Master of Arts in Ministry, Leadership and Culture, you will be able to integrate theory and practice. As the Christian church looks to creatively navigate current culture, this degree will help graduates prepare to lead the church into the future with a distinct ability to understand sub-cultures, theology and leadership practice. Graduates will also learn to cultivate the important practice of caring for their own souls throughout the course of their future ministry.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
Assistant Professor of Pastoral Ministries
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Admission form and fee ($90)
- Personal profile statement
- Three letters of references
- Writing sample
Biblical And Theological Reflection (18 Units)
|Exploring God’s Self-Revelations||3|
|Understanding, Interpreting and Listening to Scripture||3|
|The Kingdom, the Church and the Mission of God||3|
|Following Jesus, Living Out the Implications||3|
|The Story of Radical Renewal Movements||3|
|Journeying Deep into Scripture||3|
Personal And Holistic Formation (9 Units)
|Engaging the Bible with New Eyes||1.5|
|Discerning Personal Vocation & Calling||1.5|
|Building a Deep & Sustainable Life||3|
|Technology, Theology and Spirituality||1.5|
Radical And Practical Application (16.5 Units)
|Investigating Western Culture and Local Contexts||1.5|
|Entrepreneurial Leadership of Non-Profit Organizations||1.5|
|Effective Contemporary Public Communication and Social Media Use||1.5|
|Transformative Outreach for Disciple-Making||1.5|
|Forming a Community of Mercy, Justice and Peace||3|
|Serving Resiliently Through Crises and Trauma||3|
|Conflict and Peacemaking Within Organizations and Communities||3|
Self-directed Learning (4.5 Units)
|Residency requirement (one-week retreats each semester)||0|