Pursue your vocation in ministry with our Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership. In this program, you’ll be challenged to think biblically about Jesus and His Kingdom, develop spirituality in yourself and others, enhance your ministry skills and engage with the world. You will gain both practical and theoretical knowledge through classroom work, research and an integrated internship with a community church or para-church agency.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohorts groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Internships that provide hands-on experience
- Mentoring available to help students identify their calling
While this degree is relevant to many career fields, it is especially designed for those interested in church and para-church ministries with a focus on community leadership, preaching, teaching and missional engagement. Graduates who wish to continue their education are well prepared for graduate school and seminary training.
Quentin P. Kinnison, Ph.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Two years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts or diploma
- Official college transcripts
Required Courses (41 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University:
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3|
|BIB 436||Biblical Perspectives||3-4|
|BLIT 306||Law and Ephesians *||1|
|BLIT 307||Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and James *||1|
|BLIT 308||Isaiah and Matthew *||1|
|MIN 310||Perspectives in CML||1|
|MIN 356||Church and the Mission of God||2|
|MIN 376||Current Practices in Evangelism and Discipleship||2|
|MIN 392||Biblical Interpretation and Teaching||2|
|MIN 397||Spiritual Formation: Perils, Pitfalls and Potential of Ministry||2|
|MIN 398||Spiritual Formation: Cultivating a Prayerful Heart||2|
|MIN 399||Spiritual Formation: Taking Care of the Inner Life||2|
|MIN 420||Ministry Across Cultures||2|
|MIN 430||Urban Ministry||2|
|PACS 440||Conflict Transformation||3|
|MIN 450||Leadership in Ministry||2|
|MIN 471||Pastoral Ministries||2|
|MIN 483||CML Internship (three semesters at 3 per semester)||3|
*Two of three biblical integration courses are required for graduation. Which courses the student take are determined by when the student enters the CML cohort.
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimums. This requirement may be met through allowable college coursework, Advanced Placement exams, College Level Examination Program, International Baccalaureate exams, Military or ACE credit and Prior Learning Assessment.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
All ADT degrees (AA-T & AS-T) to Christian Ministry & Leadership, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- All BA major courses are upper-division and are completed at FPU.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.