The Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration will prepare you to develop, plan and manage operations and services within the health care industry. Courses are designed to broaden your academic foundation and develop skills in order to interact with other professionals in the field. Instruction includes business management, health care resource allocation, policy-making, and health law and regulations.
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Experienced faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Courses are offered in a blended face-to-face/online format
Graduates from the health care administration program are prepared for work as independent mid-level managers within the health care industry, including hospitals, private groups and doctors’ offices.
Barbara Maselli, Ph.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts
- GED or AA/AS degree
- Official college transcripts
Required Courses (38 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3|
|BIB 446||Biblical Perspectives for Health Care||3|
|HC 310||Health Care in the United States||3|
|HC 315||Health Care Terminology||1|
|HC 320||Health Care Law, Regulations and Ethics||3|
|HC 330||Evidence Based Health Care||3|
|HC 340||Social Determinants of Health||3|
|HC 350||Health Care Administration Project I||1|
|HC 400||Conflict Resolution in Health Care||3|
|HC 410||Global Diversity||3|
|HC 420||Grief, Trauma and Emergency Preparedness||3|
|HC 430||Health Care Administration Project II||3|
|HC 440||Health Care Leadership||3|
|HC 450||Health Care Systems Administration and Information Technology||3|
|HC 480||Health Care Research Design||3|
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimum. This requirement may also be met through allowable college coursework, advanced placement exams, the College Level Examination Program, international baccalaureate exams, military or ACE credit and prior learning assessment.