The Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration will prepare you to develop, plan and manage operations and services within the health care industry. Courses are designed to broaden your academic foundation and develop skills in order to interact with other professionals in the field. Instruction includes business management, health care resource allocation, policy-making, and health law and regulations.
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Experienced faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Courses are offered in a blended face-to-face/online format
Graduates from the health care administration program are prepared for work as independent mid-level managers within the health care industry, including hospitals, private groups and doctors’ offices.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts, GED or AA/AS degree
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Public Health Services (AS-T) to Health Care Administration, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- All BA major courses are upper-division and are completed at FPU.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated or online accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
General Education Requirements
For more information on General Education requirements, please see: General Education: Degree Completion Students
Required Courses (38 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3|
|BIB 446||Biblical Perspectives for Health Care||3|
|HC 310||Health Care in the United States||3|
|HC 320||Health Care Law, Regulations and Ethics||3|
|HC 341||Population Health and Cultural Intelligence||3|
|HC 400||Conflict Resolution in Health Care||3|
|HC 415||Introduction to Financial Management in Healthcare||3|
|HC 425||Strategic Management in Healthcare||3|
|HC 433||Human Resourses and Organizational Behavior||3|
|HC 435||Quality Management in Healthcare||3|
|HC 440||Health Care Leadership||3|
|HC 441||Emerging Leadership in Healthcare||2|
|HC 450||Health Care Systems Administration and Information Technology||3|
|HC 455||Healthcare Administration Project I||1|
|HC 460||Healthcare Administration Project II||1|
|HC 465||Healthcare Administration Project III||1|
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimum. This requirement may also be met through allowable college coursework, advanced placement exams, the College Level Examination Program, international baccalaureate exams, military or ACE credit and prior learning assessment.
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.