With a minor in disability studies you’ll gain a new perspective in working with children with special needs and learn how to integrate developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- With the completion of the minor in Educational Disabilities, you will have three course, 6 units, completed for the Education Specialist Credential program.
A minor in Disability Studies is ideal for potential Special Education teachers. You’ll gain an avenue to explore the field of special education while meeting Preliminary Education Specialist Credential requirements.
Megan Chaney, Ed.D.
Kelly J. Bentz, Ph.D.
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts or diploma
- Recommendation form
- Verification of negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
Required Courses (18 Units)
|SPEC 300||Education Foundations||3|
|SPEC 310||Introduction to Disabilities||3|
|SPEC 320||School Health||3|
|MIN 330||Disability Ministry Concepts||3|
|SPEC 340||Medical Disabilities in the Classroom||3|
|SPEC 350||Introduction English Language Learner in Special Education||3|