The master of arts in school psychology with a California pupil personnel services (PPS) credential prepares you to become an effective school psychologist. Curriculum includes both academic training and applied field experience with children and adolescents. You will explore the theory and application of student psychology in a Christian setting, with a focus on assessing and counseling students of all backgrounds.
- Small class sizes
- Experienced and highly rated university faculty
- Blended schedule with courses in class and online
- Includes both academic classroom training and applied field experience
- Our grads are sought by top districts
- Christian setting and value-centered curriculum
- 3 BCBA courses built into schedule
Graduates are prepared to work as school psychologists in a variety of settings including public, private and child development organizations. Some graduates go on to work in higher education settings.
David Weber, Psy.D., NCSP, LEP
Kelly J. Bentz, Ph.D.
Robert P. Murray, Ed.D.
Jonathan Gage, Ed.D.
Eileen M. Whelan, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Application form and fee
- Interview with program director
- Impromptu writing sample
- Statement of intent
- Three reference forms
- Successful completion of CBEST (credential requirement)
- GRE or MAT results
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree*
- Valid California credential or Certificate of Clearance
- Verification of negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Letter of explanation if GPA is under 2.75
* Candidates must bring unofficial transcripts from all universities/colleges attended to interview with program director.
|PPP 716||Psychological Assessment and Prescription for Linguistically Diverse Students||3|
|PPP 718||Behavioral Assessment/Intervention||3|
|PPP 720||Seminar in School Psychology||3|
|PPP 722||Assessment I||3|
|PPP 724||Assessment II||3|
|PPP 734||Early Intervention and Behavioral Assessment||3|
|PPP 771||Behavioral Research Methods in Education||3|
|PPP 793||Supervised Experience||1-3|
|PPS 704||Counseling Applications in School Settings||3|
|PPS 705||Family-School Collaboration and Consultation||3|
|PPS 708||Counseling for Diversity||3|
|PPS 710||Assessment and Measurement||3|
|PPS 712||Laws and Ethics||3|
|PPS 713||Safe School Environments||3|
|PPS 714||Practicum in Group Process||3|
|PPS 715||Leadership and Change||3|
|PPS 717||Seminar in Behavior Pathology in Schools||3|
Master of Arts Core (Third Year)
|ED 779||Values in School and Society||3|
Select one of the following groups
or PPS 799
or Project/Thesis-School Counseling and Psychology