Successful managers understand the functioning components of their organization: employees, production, customer needs, operational needs, and so much more. The Bachelor of Arts in Management degree at FPU is designed to impart the skills of planning, organizing, staffing, controlling and directing so they can be as effective leaders as possible. You will also gain a functional knowledge of processes of data analysis and interpretation techniques which are essential in understanding organizational health and direction.
- Real-world cases examined in order to understand theory
- Faculty currently employed in various industries that help make the courses come to life through first-hand examples
- Experiential learning methods to appeal to various learning styles
- Clear feedback on assignments to foster learning
- Texts that present the latest theories and techniques in management
Graduates have found work in both for profit and non-profit organizations including but not limited to: foreman positions, management positions, directorships, supervisory positions and various assistant or associate positions related to management.
Transferring to Fresno Pacific
FPU is a partner school with Transferology, a web-based tool that allows you to match the courses you’ve already taken with FPU programs. Visit Transferology.com to create an account and get started.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Business Administration (AS-T) to Business Administration: Management, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 102 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ACCT 220 Principles of Accounting I (4)
- ACCT 230 Principles of Accounting II (4)
- BUS-301 Business Writing (0) – Waived
- BUS-475 Law & the Legal Environment (3) [lower to upper division]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Emphasis Courses (6 Units)
|MGT 355||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGT 360||Human Resource Management||3|
Elective Courses (15 units)
Select five of the following
|LEAD 405||Leadership Concepts and Practice||3|
|MGT 352||Organizational Communication||3|
|MGT 362||Nonprofit Management||3|
|MKT 303||Market Research||3|
|MKT 316||Sales Management||3|
|BUS 380||Project Management||3|
|MGT 457||Risk Management||3|
|CSSE 112||Survey of Computer Science||3|
|CSSE 220||Programming for Solving Problems||4|
Capstone Course (5-7 Units)
|BUS 482||Seminar in Business Strategy||4|
|BUS 485||Internship||1 - 3|
Ranjan George, Ph.D.