Music is—and always has been—a major cultural influence throughout the world. Music can speak to current trends and styles, or it can retell history. The performance/composition offers you core music principles, and training to develop a unique style based on these principles.
- The performance/composition emphasis offers courses in lyric diction, music arrangement and scoring, conducting, voice and piano pedagogy.
This emphasis will prepare you to pursue a career or hobby in music performance and/or composition.
Transferring to Fresno Pacific
FPU is a partner school with Transferology, a web-based tool that allows you to match the courses you’ve already taken with FPU programs. Visit Transferology.com to create an account and get started.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Music (AA-T) to Music: Performance/Composition, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- MUS 110/110L - Music Theory and Aural Skills/Lab (3/1)
- MUS 210/210L - Music Theory and Counterpoint/Lab (3/1)
- MUS 310/310L - Music Theory and Analysis/Lab (3/1)
- Applied Music (Private Instruction) (2 Units)
- Ensemble (Performance Groups) (4 units)
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Select Two Of The Following In Consultation With The Program Director (must Total At Least 6 ):
|MUS 230||Lyric Diction I||2|
|MUS 231||Lyric Diction II||2|
|MUS 411||Scoring and Arranging||3|
|MUS 450||Conducting I||3|
|MUS 451||Conducting II||3|
|MUS 460||Vocal Pedagogy||2|
|MUS 461||Piano Pedagogy||2|