In today’s ever-evolving business world, it’s important to be one-step ahead of the latest technology. With an emphasis in Software Development, you’ll combine an expertise in workplace leadership with the technical skills necessary to succeed in program design, computer & internet programming and project management. With this emphasis, you’ll gain more practical knowledge and the preparation to stand out in the workforce or continue your studies in a graduate program.
- Opportunity to study software development in a technology hub
- Network with the best computing professionals in the Central Valley
- Learn by doing with real-world projects embedded in the major
- Gain the skills needed to thrive in a technology-driven business world
With this emphasis, you will gain a foundation for a career in computer & internet programming, software engineering and project management. You’ll be able to apply the skills you attain in virtually any field including business, design, education, health, as well as direct technology fields.
In order to obtain a bachelor’s degree from Fresno Pacific University, students must complete at least 120 units. Along with completing all required courses in their selected area of study, general education requirements must be met by all graduates. See the general education summary in the undergraduate academic catalog for more information.
Select programs may not provide enough units for a student to graduate and therefore an emphasis and/or elective courses must be completed alongside the major. Please see below for emphases related to this area of study.
Emphasis Courses (18 Units)
|CSSE 112||Survey of Computer Science||3|
|CSSE 220||Programming for Solving Problems||4|
|CSSE 240||Data Structures and Algorithms||4|
|CSSE 350||Software Engineering||3|
|CSSE 370||Internet Programming||3|
|CSSE 380||Database Systems and Programming||3|
Capstone Courses (3 Units)
Choose one of the following
|BUS 482||Seminar in Business Strategy||4|
|BUS 496||Business Internship||3|
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Business Administration (AS-T) to Business Administration: Software Development, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 102 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ACCT 220 Principles of Accounting I (4)
- ACCT 230 Principles of Accounting II (4)
- BUS-301 Business Writing (0) – Waived
- BUS-475 Law & the Legal Environment (3) [lower to upper division]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.