Build on your previous experience and responsibilities in the workplace with this Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Organizational Leadership. Leadership is key to this program, which focuses on participation, presentation, practice, and performance. With our bachelor's degree in organizational leadership, you will survey human resource functions, gaining a deeper understanding of legal and ethical considerations involved in employment, and develop sensitivity and appreciation for diversity within the workplace. FPU’s experienced faculty provide the tools for you to help organizations navigate strategic decision-making, and the shifting environments, resources, and paradigms of the business world. These changes, and their effects on organizations and people, are at the heart of this program.
- The program is offered face-to-face or fully online
- Cohorts groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 12-22 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Innovative course material with practical application for your workplace, e.g. "Introduction to Emergency Management"
Positions or advancement in executive management, nonprofit and community leadership, public administration, human resources, consulting and other leadership positions that involve working directly with employees, including those in the healthcare industry.
Sharon Starcher, D.B.A.
Michelle Bradford, Psy.D.
Paul Saldana, M.B.A.
Suzana Dobrić Veiss, Ph.D.
Breck Harris, Ed.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Two years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts, GED or AA/AS degree
- Official college transcripts
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Business Administration (AS-T) to Business Administration: Organizational Leadership, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- All BA major courses are upper-division and are completed at FPU.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated and online accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Prerequisites (3 Units)
BUS 440 Leadership and Change is a prerequisite for BUS 471 Policy and Strategy
Required Courses (39 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University
|BUS 434||Individual in the Organization Credits||3|
|BUS 431||Organization Behavior Credits||3|
|MGT 315||Principles of Management Credits||3|
|BUS 438||Human Resources Credits||3|
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community Credits||3|
*BIB 314 should be taken prior to the Biblical Perspectives course, either concurrently with cohort courses or prior to cohort start.
|MKT 320||World of Marketing Credits||3|
|BIB 451||Biblical Perspectives for Leadership Credits||3|
|BUS 442||Ethics and Values in Organizations Credits||3|
|ACCT 301||Accounting for Management Credits||3|
|BUS 440||Leadership and Change Credits||3|
|BUS 444||Diversity in the Workplace Credits||3|
|BUS 432||Dynamics of Group Behavior Credits||3|
|BUS 471||Business Policy and Strategy Credits||3|
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimum. This requirement may be met through allowable college coursework, Advanced Placement exams, College Level Examination Program, International Baccalaureate exams, and Military or ACE credit.
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.