Future Commencement Planning
As the university begins planning for future commencement ceremonies, please note the following details regarding future plans. After much discussion and consultation, the decision has been made to move all commencement ceremonies to once per year in May effective the 2023-24 academic year. The last Fall Commencement ceremony will be held December 17, 2022.
This change was made to preserve the quality of the commencement celebration experience while keeping rising costs down. Additionally, some families have found it challenging to attend Fall Commencement so close to Christmas. We hope this change also enables more families to join the spring celebration for their graduating students.
This change will not affect those students planning to graduate Fall 2022.This change will directly affect students planning to graduate Fall 2023.
- The last Fall Commencement ceremony will be held December 17, 2022, for those students who are approved to graduate at the end of the fall semester. Students who are approved to graduate in Fall 2022 will not experience any changes to their opportunity to participate.
FALL (December) 2022 Commencement Details
With the Selland Arena at the Fresno Convention Center unavailable for use for our December commencement, the university will be hosting commencement on the main campus in the Special Events Center. There will be multiple ceremonies held to accommodate the number of graduates and their families and graduates will receive a set number of tickets to provide to their guests. The ceremony will be live streamed to allow those who are unable to attend in person to still join in the celebration.
- Students who are approved or planning to graduate in Fall 2023 will have their degree conferred after the successful completion of their last course and have the opportunity to celebrate their achievement at the May 2024 Commencement ceremony.
The cancellation of Fresno Pacific’s Fall Commencement ceremonies starting Fall 2023 will in no way delay the earning of a student’s degree. Students completing all their degree requirements by the end of the fall term will still have their respective degree conferred at that time. They will receive their diplomas in the mail six to eight weeks after the successful completion of their last course.
All students will continue to have the opportunity to graduate and have their degrees conferred at the end of fall, spring and summer sessions, but Fresno Pacific will only host commencement ceremonies each May for all students who graduate any semester of that academic year.
We assure you that this change will not compromise the quality of Fresno Pacific’s celebration for our students. We aim to create the best experience for our graduates and their families during our commencement ceremonies every year with this momentous event commemorating the culmination of years of hard work and dedication.
Spring 2022 Commencement Information
We are looking forward with anticipation to our spring commencement ceremony in May! Please see below for updated information regarding this year’s spring commencement:
- The live stream of the ceremony is available for viewing here.
- We will be hosting one commencement ceremony honoring all student populations (TUG, Grad and Degree Completion) on Saturday, May 7 at 10:00 a.m.
- The ceremony will be held at Selland Arena in Downtown Fresno located at 700 M. Street, Fresno CA, 93721. Graduates will be seated by school. Please view this map to see which side of the arena floor each school will be seated on.
- Doors open to the arena for guests at 8:30am, see this map.
- Parking is $20/car in the main parking lot.
- Parking is also available in the nearby parking garage and metered parking is also available.
- As of April 1, the State of California has said it will be lifting the vaccine card/negative testing requirement for mega events (events over 1,000 attendees). Currently proof of vaccine or negative test will not be required for entry. If guidelines change, we will provide updates accordingly.
- Masks not required. If guidelines change, we will provide updates accordingly.
- We will continue to follow state and local COVID-19 guidelines related to gatherings and events. We will respond accordingly if guidelines and requirements change.
No air horns, balloons or glass vases are permitted inside of the building.
For information on security and policies related to the convention center please visit this webpage.
Line Up Information
- Line up for graduates and faculty will take place in the Fresno Convention Center Exhibit Halls 2 & 3 located at 848 M. Street, Fresno, CA 93721. Please view this map to see the location of where line up will take place.
- Students participating in the ceremony need to be in line up area no later than 9:00 a.m. The line up area is where you will pick up your name card.
- Doors to the lineup area will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Graduates and Faculty will line up and walk directly down M Street from the Exhibit Halls to the Selland Arena. We will begin the walk over by 9:40 a.m.
- The walk from the line up area to the arena is just under ¼ mile. Please plan accordingly and wear appropriate shoes.
- There will not be a secure place to store valuables so plan to have a discrete way to carry your personal items with you.
- The hooding ceremony for our master’s degree students will take place on Friday evening, May 6
- Location: Special Events Center at Fresno Pacific University, Main Campus
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Additional communication with further details and ticket information will be going out in the coming weeks to our master’s degree candidates.
- Tickets will be required for guests to attend the hooding ceremony.
- The seminary gala (which includes the hooding of our seminary students) will take place on Friday evening, May 6 separate from the other hooding ceremony.
- Location: Dining Hall at Fresno Pacific University, Main Campus
- Time: 6:00 p.m.
- Additional communication with further details and ticket information will be going out to the seminary master’s degree candidates.
- Tickets will be required for guests to attend the seminary gala.
- We will continue to follow state and local COVID guidelines related to gatherings and events. We will respond accordingly if guidelines are requirements change.
As additional information is available, students will receive an email and this page will also be updated. We are excited to celebrate all of our graduates in May and look forward to the opportunity to celebrate together!
Once the location for commencement is confirmed, information regarding parking will be provided here.
Show your FPU pride with a unique zipper-pull medallion to wear on your grad gown. Make a gift to the university of $20.22 or more in honor of your grad year, and we’ll thank you by giving you a medallion. Your small gift will have a big impact on students next year through the Scholarship Fund. You will be able to pick up your medallion before the commencement ceremony in the graduate line-up area.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Ali Sena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, the bookshop hours are from Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The phone number is 559-453-2078.
Regalia is available for purchase on Jostens' website and will be shipped to your home (shipping charges apply). Shipping may take about six weeks to receive. If you have any concerns about shipping and delivery, please call or email the FPU Bookshop for any additional questions. Please note, phone orders are not accepted. Regalia can also be purchased at the bookshop on FPU’s main campus or on the bookstore website (limited supply of regalia available onsite). The bookshop website also has additional graduation merchandise for purchase such as a souvenir tassels (see example in photo below), diploma frames and FPU graduate yard signs, etc.
Regalia returns if purchased through Josten’s website may be returned within 30 days of purchase with receipt. All returns must be unopened and in their original packaging. When returning items, please include the following information:
- Include name, address, phone number, school name and reason
- Write the information on the original package slip if possible
- Return to address: Jostens Returns, 501 Lynn Avenue, Laurens, SC 29360
- Call or email Jostens Consumer Contact Center with your tracking number at 800-854-7464 or email tracking number to email@example.com.
- Credit will be issued after receipt of return. No refund on shipping costs.
If you purchased your regalia in store, if may be returned within 30 days before the ceremony and only if unopened. No returns are accepted after Friday, May 6, 2022.
Virtual Ring Events:
Be on the lookout for Josten's upcoming ring event dates. Dates to be determined.
Honors Cords: If you have received Latin honors, you will receive an email in April from the Registrar’s office or your Academic Advisor with information about when and where to pick them up.
To further contribute to a safe and efficient environment for our graduates, guests, and faculty, we are strongly encouraging families to take advantage of our online pre-order service. We will have a contact-free customer experience for guests who are simply picking up their pre-purchased and reserved product. This will also increase overall physical distancing measures.
Pre-orders will be taken up until May 4th and the pre-order link can be found here.