All students who are nearing the completion of degree requirements must submit a degree application to the Registrar's Office for the term in which they intend to graduate. The degree application can be completed through MyFPU.
- Fall Commencement: TUG/DC/Grad – Degree requirements must be fulfilled by end of fall semester in order to participate in ceremony.
- Spring Commencement: TUG/DC/Grad – Degree requirements must be fulfilled by end of spring semester in order to participate in ceremony. If not fulfilled, students may be enrolled for up to 6 units in Summer (to be completed by end of FPU Summer semester) and still participate in spring ceremony.
The commencement ceremony and regalia order happens twice a year (May and December). Application for degrees must be submitted by the deadlines below if students are planning on participating in the commencement ceremonies.
Deadlines to submit application
- Degree applications submitted on or before:
- September 30, 2020 for fall 2020 commencement
- October 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020 for spring 2021 commencement
- $65 conferral fee due
- $50 commencement participation fee waived
- Name included in commencement program
- Degree applications submitted following Priority Registration:
- December 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021 for spring 2021 commencement
- $65 conferral fee
- $50 commencement participation fee
- Name included in commencement program
Late Registration period
- Degree applications submitted after Registration period and closing 2 business weeks prior to the ceremony
- February 1, 2021 - April 23, 2021 for spring 2021 commencement
- October 1, 2020 – November 27, 2020 for fall 2020 commencement
- $65 conferral fee
- $50 commencement fee
- Name not included in the commencement program
Students that apply after the Late Registration period, 2 weeks prior to the commencement ceremony are not eligible to participate. Non Petitionable. No exceptions.
Graduation Honors - Traditional Undergraduate and Degree Completion Programs
Latin Honors recognized at commencement ceremonies are calculated off the prior completed semester. Honors are reevaluated at the time of degree conferral. Honors listed in the printed commencement program are provisional since grading may not be complete.
Honors at graduation for baccalaureate recipients are based on a minimum 45-unit residency. Degree honors, based on FPU work attempted, are determined according to the following:
Summa Cum Laude 3.90-4.00
Magna Cum Laude 3.70-3.89
Cum Laude 3.55-3.69
Posting of Degrees
Completed degrees are posted to transcripts following the completion of all degree requirements and a final evaluation by the Registrar's Office. The final evaluation process may take up to one month following the last term in which coursework was taken.
Degrees will be conferred twice per month on the 1st and 15th (or the first business day following if that date falls on a weekend or holiday). The actual date of conferral will be the last day of the term, Sunday, in which the degree requirements were satisfied.
TUG and Graduate
Degrees will be conferred on the last day of the student’s last completed session or end of semester in which the degree requirements were satisfied.
Diplomas are mailed approximately one month after your degree has posted to your transcript, when all FPU financial obligations have been met. Diplomas are mailed to the address on file. If you need to update the address you have on file, please log into Sunbird Central and do so. If you need to update the name that will be printed on your diploma, please find the appropriate form on the Registrar's Office Forms page.
Fresno Pacific University uses a third-party vendor for diploma printing. You will receive an e-mail that your diploma has been mailed. Once the third party verifies shipment, Fresno Pacific University is not responsible for the tracking of the item. If you experience issues receiving your diploma, please contact your post office.
If you need to order additional copies, please fill out a diploma reprint request form. If damaged, the original diploma must be returned. Reissued diplomas adhere to the current format and bear the signatures of current university officers (no exceptions). A reissue statement appears on all reissued diplomas. Send the completed diploma reprint request form to Registrar@fresno.edu. Shipping fees may apply.
Please note: Diploma covers are only given to students that attend commencement.
FPU’s Career Development and Experiential Learning Center would like to support your post-graduate career success! All career services are accessible for FPU grads from main campus, regional campus and online programs. Access services via individual Zoom appointments or self-directed resources through our website.
- Resume and cover letter review
- Career exploration
- Education and career planning
- Grad school applications
- Job and internship searches (local, national, virtual)
- Professional networking/connections to employers
- Informational interviews
- Interview preparation
- Salary negotiation preparation
- Professional skill growth, including emotional intelligence and leadership development
- On-campus work-study applications
Tell us how we can best support your success by completing this brief survey. It only takes 1-2 minutes.
Contact the Career Development and Experiential Learning Center with your questions or to schedule an appointment at 559-453-2220 or email@example.com.
For all undergraduate students, we want to celebrate your achievement by giving you a free alumni t-shirt! Simply complete the Alumni T-Shirt Form, and we will mail one to you.
Alumni ID Card
Alumni ID cards are available for a limited time for free to all fall 2020 graduates. Simply complete this form.
Your FPU alumni ID card offers:
- Discounted event admission
- Access to Fitness Center membership
- Hiebert Library borrowing privileges
- 10% off at Charlotte’s Coffee Corner (in Alumni Hall on the Main Campus)
- 10% off at the FPU Bookshop