You’ll gain both knowledge and practical skills for business operations of all kinds with our Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Business Management. Building on solid principles of economics and accounting, our experienced instructors guide you through a range of advanced classes in finance, management, organizational behavior, small groups and teams, marketing, research and analysis, and business strategy. Threaded throughout the major is an ethical perspective. Together, all of the courses provide a practical guide to business operations, from entrepreneurial ventures to well−established organizations.
- The program is offered face-to-face or fully online
- Cohorts groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 12-22 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Innovative course material with practical application for your workplace
The program provides a solid business background that equips graduates for positions as executive managers, sales/marketing managers, business analysts, human resources professionals, retail and service managers and operations managers.
Sharon Starcher, DBA
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Two years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts, GED or AA/AS degree
- Official college transcripts
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Business Administration (AS-T) to Business Administration: Business Management, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- All BA major courses are upper-division and are completed at FPU.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated and online accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Required Courses (39 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University
|BUS 434||Individual in the Organization||3|
|BUS 431||Organization Behavior||3|
|MGT 315||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS 438||Human Resources||3|
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3|
*BIB 314 should be taken prior to the Biblical Perspectives course, either concurrently with cohort courses or prior to cohort start.
|MKT 320||World of Marketing||3|
|BIB 451||Biblical Perspectives for Leadership||3|
|BUS 442||Ethics and Values in Organizations||3|
|ACCT 301||Accounting for Management||3|
|BUS 466||Statistics for Management||3|
|ECON 301||Economics in Business||3|
|FIN 460||Business Finance||3|
|BUS 471||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimum. This requirement may be met through allowable college coursework, Advanced Placement exams, College Level Examination Program, International Baccalaureate exams, and Military or ACE credit.
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.